The priority pillars of the National Action Plan on the Implementation of SC Resolution 1325 (2009-2013) are as follows:
Provide psycho-social support and trauma management to women and girls to reconstruct their psyches;
- Protect rights, enhance security and prevent all types of violence against women and girls;
- Include women in shelter, land use and environmental issues;
- Empower women for inclusion, participation and promotion in public and private life in society;
- Improve the health of women and girls for a fully functional society;
- Promote women's participation in all conflict prevention and peace building processes;
- Capacity building and strengthening for enhanced coordination and coherence;
- Monitoring and Evaluation.
The goals of the NAP are to:
- Strengthen and develop prevention, response and protection policies, procedures and mechanisms that promote the human rights of women and girls and guarantee their security at both the national and the personal levels.
- Promote the design, development and institutionalization of economic, social and security policies that will empower women and girls to participate fully and effectively in Liberia's peace-building, reconstruction, recovery and development processes at all levels, including at the decision-making levels.
- Strengthen the coordination and coherence of gender mainstreaming activities in Liberia by raising awareness of the letter and intent of UN Security Council Resolution 1325 on women, peace and security and implementing its underlying principles.
Source of Information
Response of the Government of Liberia to the questionnnaire on violence against women 2012; Ministry of Gender and Development