Lifetime Physical and/or Sexual Intimate Partner Violence :27.8
Physical and/or Sexual Intimate Partner Violence in the last 12 months : 7 % (1)
Lifetime Non-Partner Sexual Violence : 23 % (2)
Child Marriage :8 % (3)
Gender Inequality Index Rank :93 (4)
Global Gender Gap Index Rank :42 (5)
(1) Proportion of ever-partnered women aged 15-49 years experiencing intimate partner physical and/or sexual violence in the last 12 months. Source: Statistical Institute of Jamaica (STATIN), UN Women and Inter-American Development Bank (IDB) 2018. Women's Health Survey 2016 Jamaica. Kingston, Jamaica
(2) Proportion of women aged 15–49 years experiencing sexual violence perpetrated by someone other than an intimate partner at least once in their lifetime. Source: Statistical Institute of Jamaica (STATIN), UN Women and Inter-American Development Bank (IDB) 2018. Women's Health Survey 2016 Jamaica. Kingston, Jamaica
(3) Percentage of women aged 20 to 24 years who were first married or in union before age 18. Source: UNICEF global databases, 2018, based on Demographic and Health Surveys (DHS), Multiple Indicator Cluster Surveys (MICS) and other nationally representative surveys.
(4) The Gender Inequality Index is a composite measure reflecting inequality between women and men in three different dimensions: reproductive health (maternal mortality ratio and adolescent birth rate), empowerment (share of parliamentary seats held by women and share of population with at least some secondary education), and labour market participation (labour force participation rate). Source: United Nations Development Programme, Human Development Report 2016.
(5) The Global Gender Gap Index benchmarks national gender gaps on economic, political, education and health criteria. Source: World Economic Forum, the Global Gender Gap Report 2016.