|Year||2010 - 2013|
|Type of Measure||Policies > Inclusion of violence against women in other national plan/strategy|
|Form of Violence||Violence against women and girls|
The government of has developed and adopted the National Gender Strategic Plan in 2010.The development of the Strategic Plan involved extensive regional and rural consultations to ensure a broadbased ownership. There was consultation also with the Parliamentarians to ensure their support in moving forward with resolutions.
The Strategic Plan provides a framework for the implementation of all gender-related programmes in Sierra Leone with special focus on women's advancement and gender equality.
The priority areas/issues of the Strategic Plan are as follows:
1. Capacity Building, Management and Oversight;
2. Women's participation in Governance;
3. Sexual and Reproductive Health Rights;
4. Research, Documentation and ICT;
5. Women's Empowerment; and
6. Gender Budgeting and accountability.