The Gender Affairs Division (former Women's Affairs Division) was established in 1998 and is part of the Ministry of Planning, Economic and Social Restructuring and Gender Affairs.
The mandate of the Gender Affairs Division is to effectively promote gender equity and gender justice through the process of gender mainstreaming in all government policies, programmes and projects.
The Gender Affairs Division strategic objectives are:
- To advance the status and rights of women and men
- To develop policies,projects and programmes relevant to gender and development issues including the elimination of all forms of violence against women, and the elimination of poverty.
- To research and disseminate information on gender and development issues.
- To change gender discriminatory social consciousness and traditions
- To assist in the strengthening of local communities and families
- To foster participation of women and men in policy formulating processes.
Source of Information
Website of the Gender Affairs Division