|Type of Measure||Policies > National strategy specific to violence against women|
|Form of Violence||Domestic violence/Intimate partner violence|
The National Strategy for the Protection of Women from Domestic Violence was adopted by the Supreme Council for Women in November 2015. It was created in order to support the implementation of the National Plan for the Advancement of Bahraini Women (2013 - 2022), launched by the Supreme Council for Women. The main objectives of the Strategy include:
- Prevention: a primary prevention of domestic violence before it occurs and a secondary prevention by addressing the risk factors.
- Protection and Services: providing care to domestic violence's victims and offering comprehensive institutional services.
- Legislations: following up the implementation of Law No. 17/2015 regarding the protection against domestic violence and decrees as well as administrative and executive regulations. Also, evaluating the role of this law in protecting women from domestic violence as well as reviewing the national laws to ensure their compatibility with the constitution's spirit and international conventions against gender-based violence.
- Awareness and Media Support: enhancing media role and spreading awareness about prevention's principles against domestic violence, protection and services.
- Studies and Researches: conducting solid scientific studies on domestic violence and establishing a database.
- Following Up and Evaluation: stating a clear mechanism to evaluate services of preventing and combating violence against women.
Bahrain's submission for National Review for Implementation of the Beijing Platform for Action, Beijing+25, 2019, p.8, p.16, p.58, p.60-61 and p.63
For more information: National Strategy to Protect Women from Domestic Violence