The Multi-Sectoral Programme on Violence Against Women (MSPVAW) under Ministry of Women and Child Affairs (MOWCA) in collaboration with 11 other ministries address violence against women and children. The programme started in May 2000 is now in its fourth phase (July 2016-June 2021) and has been appreciated by the Government Departments, NGO, DPs and Citizen’s Group. The types of support include the following:
- Nine One-Stop Crisis Centres (OCC) in Medical College Hospitals provide health care, police assistance, DNA test, social services, legal assistance, psychosocial counselling and shelter services.
- One-Stop Crisis Cells (OCCs) in 40 districts sadar hospitals and 20 sub-district health complexes provide various services for women and children victims of violence. The services include mobilization of police and legal services as well.
- The National Trauma Counselling Centre (NTCC) in Dhaka provides psychosocial counselling to the women and children victims of violence. It also provides training for professionals and stakeholders.
- The National Forensic DNA Profiling Laboratory in Dhaka ensures speedy and fair trial for the incidences of violence against women and children.
- A National Helpline Centre has been established which provides 24/7 services through the toll-free helpline number 109. The number of the toll free helpline has been incorporated in the textbooks of secondary and higher secondary levels.
Source of Information