The Advisory Committee for the Prevention and Combating of Domestic Violence has drafted the second National Action Plan for the Prevention and Handling of Family Violence (NAPPHFV) 2017-2019, which has been approved by the Council of Ministers. The new NAPPHFV focuses on the following objectives:
- Completing the revision of the Manual of Interdepartmental Procedures;
- Promoting systematic, specialised and interdepartmental training for “front-line” professionals dealing with incidents/cases of domestic violence;
- Reinstating Family Counsellors within the Social Welfare Services (SWS);
- Development and adoption of a multi-agency Risk Assessment Mechanism for more effective management of incidents/cases of domestic violence;
- Promoting the ratification of the Istanbul Convention by the House of Representatives (HOR);
- Promoting the effective implementation of the Establishing Minimum Standards on the Rights, Support and Protection of Victims of Crime Law, 2016 [L.51(I)/2016].
Source of Information