The Action Plan of Measures to Combat Trafficking in Persons mandates, amongst others, the following activities:
- Public relations and education
- criminalization of trafficking in persons
- review of landing permit procedures in connection with "entertainment"
- strengthening of measures to clamp down on the crime of trafficking in persons,
- revision of the Immigration-Control and Refugee-Recognition Act,
- appointment of human trafficking officers in regional immigration control offices,
- implementation of measures to prevent the forging and falsifying of visas,
- temporary protection in women's consultation offices.
Source of Information
Response of the Government of Japan to the questionnaire on violence against women