As part of the "Combating Domestic Violence Against Women Project", research is being implemented by the GDSW under the title "National Research on Domestic Violence against Women in Turkey". The research was initiated in December 2007 and will be finalized in March 2009. The budget for the research is €2.500.000.
The research will provide the following representative data at NUTS I level from about 24,000 women, as well as qualitative information from a minimum of 30 key informants, and a minimum of 10 focus groups on:
- the prevalence of violence against women, with particular emphasis on physical, sexual and emotional violence by male intimate partners and other family members,
- the perception about violence against women,
- the extent to which intimate partner violence is associated with a range of health, education, legal and administrative outcomes,
- factors that may either protect or put women at risk of partner violence,
- the strategies and services that women use to deal with violence by an intimate partner.
For further information on the research, visit the website at: http://www.ksgm.gov.tr/tdvaw/default.htm
Source of Information
Response of the Government of Turkey to the questionnaire on violence against women