Through the National Action Plan for Implementation of UNSCR 1325 (2011-2014), the Irish Government commits to:
- Undertake an audit of existing training modules to integrate the objectives of UNSCR 1325;
- Enhance training of all relevant staff (civilian and military) deployed on overseas missions to ensure understanding of UNSCR 1325;
- Incorporate questions on Women, Peace and Security (WPS) in post-deployment briefings to assess the effectiveness of training;
- Strengthen cross-learning within An Garda Síochána;
- Support the capacity of partner organisations to develop and implement programmes addressing gender-based violence and sexual exploitation and abuse (SEA), including through the adoption of internationally available guidelines.
- Strengthen guidance to partners on their obligations under UNSCR 1325 including supporting gender sensitive legislation and justice sector reform.
Source of Information
Website of the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade