Actions to combat violence against women and girls are included in the National Strategy for Women and Girls 2017-2020, including with a view to enhancing legislative protections and supports for victims of gender-based violence. The Strategy set out a framework of actions towards six high-level goals. The sixth high-level objective is procedural and aims to further embed gender equality in decision making. The other five objectives are thematic priorities, as follows:
- To advance socio-economic equality for women and girls (including supports for work-life balance, addressing the gender pay gap and promoting women’s entrepreneurship);
- To advance the physical and mental health and wellbeing of women and girls;
- To ensure the visibility in society of women and girls and their equal and active citizenship;
- To advance women in leadership at all levels (including political participation and representation); and
- To combat violence against women.
Source of Information