"Violence against Women - Does the Government Care" (Montenegro Monitoring Report) was published in 2007 by SOS Telephone Podgorica and the Governmental Gender Equality Office. The publication is the result of the project "Survey to Monitor Violence against Women". As a result of the monitoring survey, Country Fact Sheets and Country Monitoring Reports were prepared. The Publication presents the current status with regard to violence against women and includes the following themes:
- State mechanisms of combating violence against women;
- Laws for the protection of women from all forms of violence;
- Professional guidelines, protocols and inter-agency cooperation;
- Special units in the law enforcement office;
- Available services;
- Education and Training;
- The role of media;
- Awareness raising;
- Research and surveys on violence against women;
- Statistics and data collection on violence against women;
- Case law on violence against women and Recommendations to the Government.
The report is published in both English and Montenegrin language.
Source of Information
Response of the Government of Montenegro to the questionnaire on violence against women