|Country||North Macedonia Republic of|
|Type of Measure||Policies > Inclusion of violence against women in other national plan/strategy|
|Form of Violence||Violence against women and girls|
The Gender Equality Strategy 2013-2020 and the subsequent National Action Plan for Gender Equality 2018–2020 contains the following priorities:
- Establishing an effective and efficient system for achieving gender equality by means of functional support mechanisms at the national and local level, harmonizing indicators for measuring the progress of gender equality, and providing gender- disaggregated statistics;
- Integrating gender-responsive budgeting in policy and program creation;
- Sensitizing the public to the various forms of violence against women, and strengthening institutional capacities for taking actions aimed at protection of such victims;
- Harmonizing the legislation with the EU and international standards;
- Enhancing the level of gender equality in priority thematic areas, that is, in healthcare, education and employment;
- Building a culture of equal opportunities and promoting equal treatment and nondiscrimination on the ground of sex.
The Strategy is the first document that provides a definition on gender-based violence in a comprehensive manner.