The Welsh Government’s five-year National Strategy on Violence against Women, Domestic Abuse and Sexual Violence was published in November 2016. 69 The six objectives in the strategy were designed to facilitate compliance with the Istanbul Convention.
This is inclusive of:
1) Increase awareness of violence against women, domestic abuse and sexual violence across the Welsh Population.
2) Enhance education about healthy relationships and gender equality.
3) Challenge perpetrators, hold them accountable for their actions and provide interventions and support to change their behaviour.
4) Ensure professionals are trained to provide effective, timely and appropriate responses to victims and survivors.
5) Provide victims with equal access to appropriately resourced high quality, needs led, strength based, gender responsive services across Wales.
6) Work together as a sector to understand and meet the needs of our communities, increasing the sustainability and capacity of the sector.
A delivery framework setting out how the Welsh Government will meet the objectives of the strategy was published in July 2018.
Source of Information