The five key Strategic Areas which form the Policy's main intervention are as follows:
- Develop National Leadership and Commitments to Eliminate Gender Based Violence.
- Strengthen Legal frameworks, Law enforcement and the Justice system.
- Build Institutional and Community Capacity.
- Strengthen & Improve Preventive, Protective, Social and Support services.
- Eliminate and Prevent gender based violence through Civic Engagement and Advocacy.
The core principles of the National Action Plan are:
- Country-driven, promoting national ownership of strategies through broad based participation of government, NGOs and civil society.
- Result oriented and focused on outcomes that will benefit.
- Partnership oriented, involving coordinated participation of development partners (government, domestic stakeholders, and external donors).
Source of Information
Ministry of Internal and Social Affairs