The study sought to obtain information about:
(1) The prevalence, frequency and types of violence against women, including:
- Physical and sexual violence, emotional abuse, and controlling behaviors by intimate partners
- Physical and sexual violence against women since they were 15 years old by non-partners
- Sexual abuse in childhood (before 15 years of age).
(2) The extent to which violence against women by a partner is associated with a range of health and other outcomes.
Source of Information
Henrica A.F.M. Jansen and Brooke Takala Abraham, 2014. Republic of the Marshall Islands National Study on Family Health and Safety. Majuro, Republic of the Marshall Islands.