Policy Outcome 2 of the National Policy for Women of Samoa (2010-2015) deals with the reduction of violence against women as follows:
1. Review and develop relevant legislation to curb all forms of violence against women and girls.
2. Strengthen Interagency Collaboration and response systems to address violence against women and girls.
3. Achieve an attitude of zero tolerance of all forms of domestic violence including sexual violence.
4. Develop and strengthen the legal protection, counseling support for victims of violence.
5. Greater availability of free legal assistance and law reform affecting domestic relations and the increased availability of effective, formal alternative dispute resolution mechanisms for family law matters.
Source of Information
Website of the Ministry of Women, Community and Social Development; The Government of Samoa, National Review on Beijing +20 2014, para 2.1 pg 8