The Tuvalu National Gender Policy 2014-2019 is the guiding framework to operationalise Government’s commitment to gender equality and women’s empowerment in Tuvalu. The policy states that, the priority outcomes are sought over the next 5 years of this plan:
1. Increase capacity within all sectors of Government to address key issues of concern in achieving gender equality and women’s empowerment within each sector;
2. Reflect Government commitments to gender equality and women’s empowerment in legislation and in sector policies affecting government and civil society;
3. Create an enabling environment for the full participation of women in economic development;
4. Take measures to ensure women’s and men’s equal access and full participation in decision-making as a means of enhancing leadership and governance at all levels;
5. Eliminate all forms of violence against women.
Source of Information