The Domestic Violence Management Board was established under the Domestic Violence Act , 2007 (Act 732) sections 36 - 37.
Mandate/ Functions of the Management Board
- Make recommendations for a national plan of action against domestic violence and monitor and report on the progress of the national plan of action through the Minister.
- Advise the Minister on Policy matters under the Act.
- Propose and promote strategies to prevent and combat domestic violence.
- Liaise with government agencies and organizations to promote the rehabilitation and reintegration of victims of domestic violence.
- Prepare guidelines for disbursement from the fund.
- Manage the fund.
- Conduct research on International and Regional Development and into standards for dealing with matters of domestic violence.
- Deal with any matters concerned with domestic violence.
Date established: July 2008
Details of membership:
- The Chairperson who is the Minister responsible for Women and Children's Affairs or her representative
- Representatives of the Attorney- General not below the level of Principal State Attorney
- The Ministry of Local Government
- The Ministry for Health, The Department of Social Welfare
- The Ministry of Education
- The Police Service
- Two representatives of civil society organizations
- Four persons nominated by the President
Source of Information
Response of the Government of Ghana to the questionnaire on violence against women, January 2009