Lifetime Physical and/or Sexual Intimate Partner Violence :278 % (1)
Physical and/or Sexual Intimate Partner Violence in the last 12 months : 68 % (2)
Lifetime Non-Partner Sexual Violence : Official National Statistics Not Available
Child Marriage :336 % (3)
Gender Inequality Index Rank :107 (4)
Global Gender Gap Index Rank :82 (5)
(1) Proportion of ever-partnered women aged 15-49 years experiencing intimate partner physical and/or sexual violence at least once in their lifetime. Source: Secretaría de Salud [Honduras], Instituto Nacional de Estadística (INE) e ICF International, 2013. Encuesta Nacional de Salud y Demografía 2011-2012. Tegucigalpa, Honduras.
(2) Proportion of ever-partnered women aged 15-49 years experiencing intimate partner physical and/or sexual violence in the last 12 months. Source: Instituto Nacional de Estadísticas y la Secretaria de Salud de Honduras. (2021). Encuesta Nacional de Demografía y Salud / Encuesta de Indicadores Múltiples por Conglomerados. Honduras 2019. Tegucigalpa.
(3) Percentage of women aged 20 to 24 years who were first married or in union before age 18. Source: UNICEF global databases, 2021, based on DHS, MICS and other nationally representative surveys.
(4) The Gender Inequality Index is a composite measure reflecting inequality between women and men in three different dimensions: reproductive health (maternal mortality ratio and adolescent birth rate), empowerment (share of parliamentary seats held by women and share of population with at least some secondary education), and labour market participation (labour force participation rate). Source: United Nations Development Programme, Human Development Report 2021/2022.
(5) The Global Gender Gap Index benchmarks national gender gaps on economic, political, education and health criteria. Source: World Economic Forum, the Global Gender Gap Report 2022.