The Strategic Plan for 2017-2022 was formulated by the Inter-Agency Council on Violence Against Women and their Children (IAC-VAWC); in consultation with civil society organizations and other stakeholders. Its overall goal is “Improving the strategy towards a violence-free community through more systematic primary prevention, accessible and effective response system, and strengthened functional mechanisms for coordination, planning, implementation, monitoring, evaluation, and reporting”.
The Strategic Plan has three key result areas:
(1) primary prevention;
(2) response system; and
(3) cross-cutting structures and actions.
It outlines the identified issues, objectives, and targets, including key strategies, programs, projects, and activities by key result areas that shall be undertaken in cooperation with other stakeholders from GOs, NGOs/CSOs, and faith-based organizations. The need to develop a National Advocacy and Communication Plan was identified as one of the priority projects in the new Strategic Action Plan of IAC-VAWC for 2017-2022 in view of implementing the council’s mandate as outlined in RA 9262. This is in response to the issues surfaced during stakeholder consultations, namely:
(1) limited delivery of advocacy programs to reach women in the marginalized and vulnerable sectors such as Indigenous women, Muslim women, elderly women, women with disabilities, women in remote areas, and young girls;
(2) lack of user-friendly information materials customized to a particular sector and age group;
(3) seasonality and sporadic frequency of VAW advocacy campaigns, and;
(4) limited skills and capacity of frontline service providers (i.e. barangay officials) in handling violence against women and children related cases.
Source of Information