Each year, the Minister responsible for violence against women reports to the parliament on the National Action Plan on Counteracting Domestic Violence. The monitoring of the implementation of the National Program is the task of the Inter-Ministry Team Monitoring the Implementation of the National Program of Counteracting Domestic Violence, appointed by the Prime Minister on March 16 2007 by regulation No.27. The Team is composed of representatives of the respective ministries with the rank of secretary or under-secretary of state, the Chief Commander of Police and the Chairman of the National Broadcasting Council.
The tasks of the Team include:
- to work out and unify the standards of assistance granted to violence victims, witnesses and perpetrators, to systematically collect data on the scale of the family violence, as well as to analyze the needs in the local community in detail and on a current basis;
- to initiate and support activities aimed at counteracting family violence;
- to issue opinions on the application of the Act of 29 July 2005 on counteracting family violence (Dz.U. No 180, item 1493) and to initiate the amendments of the regulations on counteracting family violence;
- to prepare expert's opinions on selected aspects of family violence.
The most important activities of the Team to date include:
- The establishment of the Working Group of the Team monitoring the implementation of the National Programme on Counteracting Family Violence. The Working Group comprises experts from the Ministry of Labour and Social Policy, the Ministry of Interior and Administration, the Ministry of Health, the Ministry of National Education, the Ministry of Justice, the Ministry of Culture and National Heritage, the General Headquarters of Police and the National Radio and Television Council.
- The preparation of the report on the implementation of the National Programme on Counteracting Family Violence for the period from 25 September 2006 to 31 December 2006, which was approved by the Sejm of the Republic of Poland on 28 February 2008 (on 18 July 2007 it was approved by the Council of Ministers).
- The development of training packages on reasons and consequences of family violence, targeting first contact employees on issues related to counteracting family violence.
Source of Information
Response of the Government of Poland to the questionnaire on violence against women