Lifetime Physical and/or Sexual Intimate Partner Violence :6 % (1)
Physical and/or Sexual Intimate Partner Violence in the last 12 months : 1 % (2)
Lifetime Non-Partner Sexual Violence : 2.7
Child Marriage :14 % (3)
Gender Inequality Index Rank :76 (4)
Global Gender Gap Index Rank :90 (5)
(1) Proportion of ever-partnered women aged 15-64 years experiencing intimate partner physical and/or sexual violence at least once in their lifetime. Source: GEOSTAT, UN Women and the European Union for Georgia.2018. National Study on Violence against Women in Georgia 2017.
(2) Proportion of ever-partnered women aged 15-64 years experiencing intimate partner physical and/or sexual violence in the last 12 months. Source: GEOSTAT, UN Women and the European Union for Georgia.2018. National Study on Violence against Women in Georgia 2017.
(3) Percentage of women aged 20 to 24 years who were first married or in union before age 18. Source: UNICEF SDG Target 5.3.1 global database 2018, based on Demographic and Health Surveys (DHS), Multiple Indicator Cluster Surveys (MICS) and other nationally representative surveys.
(4) The Gender Inequality Index is a composite measure reflecting inequality between women and men in three different dimensions: reproductive health (maternal mortality ratio and adolescent birth rate), empowerment (share of parliamentary seats held by women and share of population with at least some secondary education), and labour market participation (labour force participation rate). Source: United Nations Development Programme, Human Development Report 2016.
(5) The Global Gender Gap Index benchmarks national gender gaps on economic, political, education and health criteria. Source: World Economic Forum, the Global Gender Gap Report 2016.