|Type of Measure||Violence against women > Constitutional provision|
|Form of Violence||Violence against women and girls|
Article 29 of the Constitution adopted in 2015 includes the following provisions:
(1) Every person shall have the right against exploitation.
(2) No person shall be subjected to any kind of exploitation on the basis of religion, custom, tradition, culture, practices or any other bases.
(3) No person shall be subjected to human trafficking or bonded labor, and such an act shall be punishable by law.
(4) No person shall be subjected to forced labor. Provided that nothing in this clause shall prevent the enactment of a law requiring citizens to be engaged in compulsory service for public purposes.
(5) Any act contrary to clause (3) and (4) shall be punishable by law and the victim of such an act shall have the right to compensation from the perpetrator.
Constitution of Nepal 2015, UN Women Constitutional Database
For more information please click here.